Bath Time Fun, Crazy Hair too!
Her Pinkness, with the lovely new cast
The Princess and her Faithful Companions
LL went back to the bone doctor on Monday. He took off the pink cast and told us to watch her arm overnight and she how she did trying to use it. She didn't use it, at all. It remained hanging there as a lifeless object; same as the last seven days. Furthermore, when I gave her a bath and got her "mammies" on she was in alot of pain, still. So, back to the bone doctor on Tuesday. This time a different doc, but the same practice. He concurred that she should have another cast for eight days to let it rest some more. So...now she is sporting a lovely purple cast. DB and I jokingly said that when all of this is done we are going to fill them with plaster of paris and make book ends. I know, sick isn't it? But, you've gotta find humor in this somewhere. I must say that this cast is much nicer than the other one in that it does not cover as much of her fingertips. This is allowing her to pick up more things and even balance her sippy cup, YEAH! It's these small things that I'm sure she will not take for granted again. So young, so many life lessons ahead. Good thing she has NO IDEA, huh? On another note, BW is not well either. We found out earlier in the week that he has been with the mono virus and none of us knew it. You cannot imagine how bad DB and I feel about this. So, today I am bringing him to the doctor for a follow-up visit to his last. It was then that they took blood and discovered the lingering signs of mono. BW jokingly told me that he didn't even have fun getting it the typical way. Guess it seems he shared a drink at school with a buddy who had it, UGH!! Being a nurse to two ailing children is not what I wanted to be doing as I feel terrible for both of them. But I am grateful to be here to lovingly restore them both to good health. With time, TLC and prayer they'll be good as new soon. Keep those prayers coming please!
At least it is cold outside so it is a good time to hunker down at home and get everyone back to good health. We will praying for all of you.
ReplyDeleteHow is her arm doing? I am figuring her cast should be off.
ReplyDelete