BB has had four games so far this season and several practices. He is very happy that most of his teammates are boys he's been with for several years. Yet there are many new players too. By new I mean new to the game, period. So...regrettably they have had no wins yet this season. They did tie one game on the weekend though. But despite the "newness" of the game to several players I must add that the scores have been close. So, IMHO, they are doing very well. In addition, this has allowed BB to give it a try as goalie. To report his comments almost exactly, "Nope, I'm not going to play that position again." He has the courage and quickness required for the position, but it just isn't where he's best suited. Nothing ventured, nothing gained as they say. Monday nights game was a good example of what I mean. He played an excellent game and scored three goals in a row, HAT TRICK!!! "GO GE-GE!!" This is what Little Ladybug is heard screaming regularly from the sidelines. Or "DEFENSE!!!" So cute and it makes BB feel so proud. She also is slowly learning the other players names. I figure by the mid-season, she'll know all twenty-something of them. Every team needs a cheerleader right? On a not so happy note, Monday's game also spelled PAIN for BB. It seems for some reason and don't ask me why, that he decided to remove his arm pads for a portion of the game. Wouldn't you know that this was the exact time that the biggest and toughest player on the opposing team WHACKED him right on the elbow with his defense pole. OUCH!! So as a result we made a trip to the docs. Sheepishly he explained to her what happened; as she scowled upon hearing his report. Thankfully nothing seems to broken at this point, but it is bruised and sorely swollen. For tonights game, he'll be sitting on the sidelines with ice and providing moral support to his teammates. Poor BB, it's going to be tough as he LIVES for this game. Just another of life's lessons learned the hard way I guess.

In the Face-Off

Winning the Faceoff!

In Control, Heading for the Goal!

Giving it a try as Goalie
No comments:
Post a Comment